Sterile Injectables – Capitola, CA
Lauden Pharmacy boasts Capitola’s premier state-of-the-art Clean Room, which allows us the ability to offer a variety of customized sterile medications.
- Ophthlamics (eye drops & ointments)
Lauden Pharmacy skillfully and carefully follows the guidelines outlined by the United States Pharmacopeia’s chapter 797 for the compounding of sterile pharmaceutical preparations.
Following the USP chapter 797 guidelines for sterile compounding, Lauden Pharmacy:
- Tests finished products – in-house testing & independent laboratory testing
- Monitors the clean room with environmental microbiology sampling
- Monitors the particle count of the clean room’s sterile environment
- Follows proper cleaning and maintenance routines
- Routinely has outside party certification of its laminar flow hood
- Routinely tests pharmacy staff on their sterile technique
- Has personnel properly groom and gown before entering critical sterile compounding areas
Lauden Pharmacy’s staff includes highly trained pharmacists, a certified pharmacy technician, and a PhD level microbiologist. All of these employees have had extensive training and years of experience in the area of sterile compounding, assuring our patients the highest level of quality and safety.